Thursday, February 3, 2011

Horn [ later berger] Gift

My friend Melissa got married 1.29.11 to Ben Horn! Her maiden name was Hornberger, so we were calling it the [laterberger] wedding! They had a beautiful wedding in Sunriver, OR!

For her bridal shower I wanted to make something for their new house in Seattle, WA.

I bought a frame from Goodwill for 99c

I painted it brown. Then I glazed it with black that enhanced the detail.

HORN WEDDING 261

I used my rubber stamps to make these letters. I used sandpaper to make them look old and scratched.

HORN WEDDING 260

The pictures is their “save the date!” I wanted it to be versatile for any room. I used mod podge to attach the scrapbook paper on the back. Then I used it to put the letters and picture on.

After it dried I took sandpaper and scratched the entire thing to give it an old look.

HORN WEDDING 263

This is the finished product! I couldn’t be happier!

She was thrilled!

HORN WEDDING 322

And then…………..

I wanted to make some magnets. I bought some at Walmart for $1.98 for 24. You see the magnet in the right top side of the picture!

HORN WEDDING 259

I used my mason jar lid to draw circles on four different pieces of scrapbook paper. I used my Xacto knife to cut them out (my hubby got me a new set for my stocking stuffer!) I used mod podge to seal them.

HORN WEDDING 276

I used my rubber stamps to stamp the letters and then I used sandpaper to make the edges look sanded.

HORN WEDDING 269

I added a tag, just so she knew what they were, then I bought a cookie sheet for $5 to display them and give her something to bake with!

HORN WEDDING 274

She absolutely loved it! She cried!

I love the feeling of creating something with warming thoughts and love!

HORN WEDDING 320

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love how genuinely excited your friend is...I love making things that make my friends happy :)

    Thank you so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I love making gifts for my friends who are getting married and I love your blog. I am now following and thank you so much for following mine.

    ReplyDelete