Saturday, October 9, 2010

YardSale=XOXOXO

I found this at a yard sale for 50 cents with my new sister-in-law & mom.
I thought it would go great on my side table in my living room.
The fun began! I was at my parents house so I used there Rust-O-leum primer!
I painted the O's and base Bauhaus Gold by Krylon and the X's an antique white.
I sanded the edges to give them the worn look. The X's were time consuming! They have a bundle! Then I used a glaze with a brown tint to help emphasize the worn look.
I rubbed in the creases of the slots where the game pieces go.
Here it is done! I think it goes great on my table!
My husband and I tried a few games of tic-tac-toe and only came up with scratch games!
Oh well it's a cute, fun, and creative addition!

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love a good game of TICK TACK TOE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun addition! My kids would LOVE to have one of those!!

    ReplyDelete