Saturday, October 9, 2010

Paisley

My husband bought our house from his aunt & uncle about 11 years ago.
It's a 100 year old farm house!
Lots of personality, but tons of upkeep and work!
This chair was upstairs & as I'm going through the house room by room,
I thought that I could spice up this chair with some re-upholstering and paint.

Kilz primer!!!

I used glaze with a brown tint! I didn't like the effect . I wanted something more drastic.
So I sanded the edges tons and used a dark stain wiped it on with a sponge brush, then I used a wet rag to wipe it off. It was super easy going right over the primer.
This is the finished look!!!!
Some reason the backing looks white, but it's all the same color!

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! did you do this today after work? your a crazy craft lady, I wish I had the patience to sit down and do this stuff, I have yet to tackle Payson's high chair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! Love it! And I bet your house is fabulous!
    Thanks for linking this one up too! :)

    ReplyDelete