This table was one of two that my husband had as side tables with his lovely 1970's couch that was ( which meaning we no longer have that near our house anymore) stacked with ample amount of junk. Did I mention the spider webs and maybe a few dead flies! I know this paints a lovely picture of what I moved into about a year ago, but I'm not exaggerating! This house was in dyer need of a nesting women! Good thing Craig & God found me!!!
So onward!
I really don't like these tables, but felt that I was kicking all of his furniture to the curb. So I've planted these upstairs in our two spare bedrooms! I covered them with cute fabric, so they've been in disguise for a year! I finally got around to doing this one!
Primed with Kiltz!!! Surprise!
I used Terra Cotta color because the room
is a deep orange color. My mom helped me paint the upstairs last year. The orange color didn't cover very well. She tried three coats, and by the fourth she was done. Not to mention that this was two days before our wedding that she'd been basically slaving over all summer! So needless to say she was so done with painting. As it turns out I love the orange slash not so done look on the walls! I thought that this would look great distressed it would add to the room!
I used Glaze with black tint to give the distressed look.
I LOVE the contrast from the wall color and the table.
I modge podged the scrapbook paper on the two glass pieces. I liked just the off set look. The dried flowers is my wedding bouquet in a mason jar!!! From the wedding!
is a deep orange color. My mom helped me paint the upstairs last year. The orange color didn't cover very well. She tried three coats, and by the fourth she was done. Not to mention that this was two days before our wedding that she'd been basically slaving over all summer! So needless to say she was so done with painting. As it turns out I love the orange slash not so done look on the walls! I thought that this would look great distressed it would add to the room!
I modge podged the scrapbook paper on the two glass pieces. I liked just the off set look. The dried flowers is my wedding bouquet in a mason jar!!! From the wedding!There is so much furniture in our house to re-do.
I can't wait to show you what's next!!!!
Check out http://www.domestically-speaking.com/ she's has a ton of ideas and great stuff!!!





























thats cute! would look good white too!
ReplyDeleteLove the terracotta! Good idea, too, using the black glaze. It tones it down just enough!
ReplyDeleteWould love for you to stop by this weekend and link up to Passion for Paint.
Thanks so much for linking up to Passion for Paint! Hope you'll drop by again soon!
ReplyDeleteok, honestly when i saw the before i was wondering where you were gonna go with it... i was thinking, honey, you just can't save them all.... but you really did! it looks amazing! i love the profile pics as the profile of the legs really make it awesome! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteIt really turned out great!! the glaze made it! come see me at:
ReplyDeletewww.paintedfresh.blogspot.com
OH, I dropped in from 'a glimpse inside'.
PEACE & LOVE,
~Donna
Looks great! And it does sound like you met him just in time! lol Thanks for linking this up as well!
ReplyDelete