Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chair Re-doo [1st paid re-doo]

My first project for a friend! A co-worker got these chairs from her mother, they were their chairs from school. She wanted them to go in her daughters rooms.

This one is for her 16 year old. She has a black, pink, and zebra room!

HORN WEDDING 372

The solid oak chair was in excellent condition.

HORN WEDDING 373

The writing on the bottom of the chair is from her Mom’s classroom!  (P.S. her mom is Heidi  Newfield's father’s widow.)

HORN WEDDING 376

I primed with Kiltz!

Then I used a black flat paint. I scuffed the edges to make it antiqued!

DSCN2631

I mod-podge zebra paper on the top part of the chair. Made some fabric flowers that I slapped them on with hot glue!!!

DSCN2635

The final project!

DSCN2636 
Front shot!

DSCN2638

Close up of the top of the chair!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your chair redo! I have the perfect chair to do this with, great idea! (I'm following you now too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so perfect for a 16 year old room! Love it!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this chair looks amazing!! Thanks so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings! www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete