Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ROBINS' EGG BLUE

ROBINS' EGG BLUE MIRROR
I bought this mirror from Goodwill for 5.00 bucks. It was
a light cream color. I loved the detail in the edges!
I hadn't done a lot of glazing so I thought this would be a great piece to try it on!
I used McClowsey special effects glaze, that I mixed with some black paint I
had lying around!
I wanted to this aqua blue (Robins' Egg) color that would go with my decor in my bathroom!
I taped the mirror part before I sprayed painted.

I used a sponge brush and painted in the groves and edges of the mirror.
Then I wiped it off with a dry rag leaving the black glaze in the groves, and edges.


The end result! I love it! Pretty impressed with my glazing skills!


Check out Domestically Speaking paint party! Click Here to link up to the party!

5 comments:

  1. Great job on the mirror!!!!! I love blue! Stop over to my painting blog sometime! It's nice to find another Christian woman who loves paint! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just amazing how a little paint and black glaze transforms it into a showpiece! Beautiful!

    Would love for you to drop by and link up to Passion for Paint this weekend.

    http://MuralMaker1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love it! I'm dying to use this beautiful blue color and antique it. Awesome! Enjoyed the music too.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks beautiful- love the color and glazing! it looks very vibrant against the wall.

    ReplyDelete